Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Squat day

Ahhhh, squat day. I put on my togs with some trepidation, just like DL day -- I knew this one would hurt. Max squat day. Honestly, these days my lifts have gotten high enough that I'm starting to worry about injury more than the pain of lifting. I really need a monolift.

I started with Results and SWF, but I had heated the water for the Results to help dissolution. When I shook the bottle, the top popped and I sprayed about 8oz over my entire kitchen. I had no idea so little liquid could cover so much area. Everything looked watery orange, including me. I just stood there in the orange sea and laughed. What else could I do? So I cleaned it up and just downed the Surge Workout Fuel.

I used to down four scoops per workout; I didn't really feel results until three scoops, but four got expensive in a big hurry. I now do one or one and one-half scoops before and another of the same measure during. I figure the Results make up for it.

I wore my Ace briefs and did a lot of dynamic work before heading to the bar for weighted warm-ups. Then, without hesitating (courage, mojo...) I hit it.

Squat:

315 kg x 5 went up fine. Depth was easy
a lot more x 3 went up even easier. Starting to think this will be a winner day
a lot more than that x 1 hit 6 reps -- another rep PR

220 kg x 5 x 10 reps

super'd with

swiss ball glute/ham rolls x 5 x 10

Actually, the accessory work I did off-plan. First two sets I did 15 reps each of both exercises and the third set I did 20 reps, still hitting 50 reps total. I was a little concerned I'd fry my CNS after the heavy stuff, so I did higher volume to scare up some DOMs. The last set of 20 squats was surprisingly easy, actually.

I had Deftones in the ear during the PR set -- always helps. I hit a PR with the max weight last time and only got one rep; I wrote down that I didn't think I could have nailed a second. Today I hit six and may have had a seventh. With more than 800# on my shoulders and no spot, I didn't want to fail, so I left it in the tank if it was there at all.

Not sure what's going on with all the PRs, but I'm seriously stoked. Something big is about to happen. What a day. But I seriously need a monolift or full-beam safety power hooks from Crepinsek. Something.

Great day, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment