Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 2 Week 2

Tons to do today but had to get a training session in. Heading off to join my family in Utah tomorrow to do some quick snowboarding and I won't get another chance until Sunday to lift. So in I went. Time is on my mind, though, which usually is a recipe for problems.

Started with Shelby's pre and peri workout nutrition routine. I picked up some flavored 100% ion-exchange whey and maltodextrin from True Protein -- Hawaiian punch flavor, too -- which makes it much more bearable. It's pretty good, actually, with a coconut tip.

Started with some dynamic work and warmup under the bar. Used briefs and elbow sleeves and used wrist wraps for the shoulders and triceps.

Everything today was 4 sets of 10-12 with 90 secs rest, just like yesterday. Extreme stretching after each exercise.

Lateral shoulder: 4 x 60 pounds x 10 reps. These were tougher than expected and I noticed I was throwing some of the late reps. I might have to drop the weight and do them seated to really work on perfect form.

Skullcrushers to nose bridge: 4 sets of 10 reps; 110kg, 100kg, 90kg, 90kg. Incredibly hard, true positive failure on every set. Everything felt heavy.

Front squat: 4 sets of 10 reps, 175 kilos -- no up from last time. I really worked on form this time, so depth may have suffered on some reps. I worked specifically to keep my back straight and avoid pitching forward. Very tough. Pretty fried after.

Abs with super-duper band: 3 sets of 50 crunches with back supported by the rack, bent elbows to knees for each. The last few inches are tough.

Everything was difficult today. Guess I have a lot on my mind, inasmuch as my mind can have a lot on it. Still, a good day -- got my reps and sets, was true to form for the most part, and now ache. Off to work.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment