Saturday, February 6, 2010

Military press

I've gotten to the point that I rather enjoy military day. It's raining hard here again, before the ground had really dried from the last bunch -- means good snow in Utah when I'm there in two weeks. But it means a messy, lazy day here. Good thing I have my own gym. I love that.

Started with SWF and slow weight warm up. Wore Convict sleeves -- they're double ply if you care. I love the things. Warmed up slow and felt carefully for everything, as I've raised the expected max by about 40 pounds this cycle because the last felt so good.

So off we go:

Military press, seated at 80 degrees with the fat bar:

135 kg x 5 easy
145 kg x 5 still easy
155 kg x 5 not bad at all

100 kilos on the same bar with a lot of chains, one link on floor at lock-out

super'd with

Chins 5 x to failure

I should have done another accessory exercise, but figured it was a week for lighter work and gave myself a break. I love the chains -- even the sound is provocative. They let me feel like I was taking it easy on my shoulders while I simply fried my triceps. My tris are cooked through.

A good day. I managed the leaks in the ceiling, got in a solid session, and did my triceps right. Now to eat enough to scare people.

Have a great Super Bowl weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment