Thursday, November 26, 2009

Military press

11/25

Had time to do it right today, and I took it. Still feeling pretty good, so went in expecting big things. I wouldn't be disappointed.

Warmed up fairly carefully. Started with AtLarge Results alone (just lazy) and wore APT elbow sleeves from the beginning. After a few sets, put on some Elite wrist wraps -- the white ones with black stripes, 18 inch, I think. Not too tight -- just a security blanket. Sometimes my head is a little soft that way.

Used Biotest Surge Workout Fuel during. Still using AtLarge ETS morning and night -- just awesome results from this stuff. Aches and pains are gone, practically.

All military presses were seated, still. I'm still gaining that way and my shoulders are reacting well, plus I don't leave with low-back pain. So I've declared them a success and rolled with it.

Military press:
110 kg x 5 Very easy, no shoulder pain, elbows good
130 kg x 3 Still easy. Getting excited.
140 kg x 1 Ripped off 12 reps - a PR for weight and reps. 308# with my stepson cheering me on. Awesome.

80 kg x 5 x 10

superset with

chins 5 x fail
choppers 5 x 8 with 35# plate [these tend to be hard on my shoulders if I swing, and I took it conservative. After all else, they clobbered me]
posterior delt flies with 40# fat dbs

Everything felt fantastic. I was flying high after hitting that PR so easily, and I worked hard for the rest. I was pretty obliterated at the end and a sluggo on the couch all night. My wife and stepson had a 5k run this morning at 8, so we all went to bed a little earlier than we would have otherwise.

All in all, another great day. I may deadlift today just to bring myself back to humility. So, if my military press is doing so well, why is my bench stagnant?

Hang tough, have a great Turkey Day, eat way too much. That's an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment