Saturday, November 14, 2009

Military press

For those who wanted to know who Strongman Bob was, go here: http://thethinkingstrongman.blogspot.com/

Bob and I are essentially the same age, so I follow his exploits with interest. Gotta hold up my brother and fellow old fart.

Started today with APT Convict sleeves, no wrist wraps, AtLarge Results, and Surge Workout Fuel. I love this cocktail. I'll down some AtLarge ETS in a little while, both because I want to see what a microlactin is all about and because my hips are horribly sore from some extra work I did (that I didn't tell anyone about). I'm walking like a geezer, I'm so sore. Got to coach a baseball game tomorrow, too, with this soreness. Nuts.

Fairly quick warm-up and to it:

Military:
Seated, fat bar, drop to collar:
120 kg x 3 not bad
130 kg x 3 still not bad
140 kig x 3 really pretty easy, though I moved it slow to make it easier on my shoulders

90 kg x 5 x 10 w/ same arrangement

supersetted with

Chins, fat straight bar, widest grip possible, 5 sets to failure

I got a lot. Surprised myself with how many chins I got. I like my strength on the wide chins, though they're a little hard on my left bicep for some reason. I suppose I should do some curls before to warm up the biceps, but I didn't today.

Cool afternoon, good work, think I've got PRs coming in this cycle. I'm pumped. Now to get my bench and DL moving up again...

No comments:

Post a Comment