Friday, November 27, 2009

Deadlift day

Beautiful day. After my military press day, I hoped for a great deadlift day. I expected something tougher, and for my sins I got it.

Usual warm-up (seldom enough, I'm afraid). Wore elbow sleeves to keep the biceps warm, used Results and SWF before and during. Wore loose Viking Pro briefs for support.

Deadlift:

250 kg x 5 tough
280 kg x 3 saw stars
310 kg x 1 Pulled three clean reps and had another (my story and I'm sticking to it)

180 kg x 5 x 8

with

leg raises x 5 x 12
hammer curls with a fat db, 50# 5 x 8

Tough, tough, tough. Most I've pulled in a long time, though not sure if it's a PR. Scared the neighbors with the grunting (ok, shouting) in the ME set.

I'm off to open up my splitting head. Maybe self-trepanate...

No comments:

Post a Comment