Friday, July 3, 2009

Squat day

Had a date night with my gorgeous wifey last night. Lots of fun, but didn't eat enough, had a glass of wine and a cocktail, and generally could have done better. So what? I lived.

Big, heavy squat day today. While my bench progress has slowed, my squat keeps getting better.

Usual dynamic warm-up and warm-up sets for lots. It was a cool morning, which was nice, and I'd only had a small protein shake before lifting. Just didn't feel like a big feed before squatting, as yacking in the yard wasn't an inviting prospect. So a little protein (40g or so), AtLarge Results, and Surge/Surge WOF mix and off.

265kgx5 super easy -- gonna be a big day
310kgx3 again, went up fast
350kgx6 PR. Walkout was easy, reps were pretty easy, torso was tight. Depth was ok (filmed it to verify) but not perfect on all -- need to set my pins one slot lower or get a training partner.

But a big result. 350 kilos six times -- that's big. After the first rep came up fast I knew it'd be big. I probably had another rep in me but don't like to go to failure and particularly with 700 pounds on my back (and alone).

Supersetted Hise shrugs with lunges. Used the same bar with 100kilos loaded; just didn't put it down. The lunges were deep, but I was tiring out by the end.

Hise/lunges 100kgx5x10

No comments:

Post a Comment