Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Deadlift Day

Finally got a fan for the gym -- what a wonderful thing. So, yeah, still hot, but much better.

I swear I must grimace and grunt the whole workout, because DL and squat days leave me with vicious headaches. My head is going to explode.

Anyway, on to it:

dynamic warm-up and usual w-u sets

DL:
260kg x 3 felt heavy
275kg x 3 felt heavier
290kg x 3 thought I'd pop

I did pop my Spud DL belt open and had to reseat and start over. Nuts. Think I popped some capillaries in my eyes on this set, for some reason. Not a PR by any stretch, but just felt heavy.

SSB Good mornings with 50kilos and a bunch of chains: 5 sets of 8 Felt easy. Go figure. Took them slow and worked the tightness in my hammies. I just love the way that feels.

Reverse lunges from a 6" box

All in all a pretty good day. Got started early enough that it wasn't too hot -- thanks to the wifey for kicking me to get on with it. Felt good even though the DLs felt heavy. If I can shake the headache, I should have a decent day.

Still need a Swiss bar and El Gordo. Gotta go sell something to fund them...

No comments:

Post a Comment