Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Deload day 2 -- deadlift

Hot as stink in my home gym today. I really need a fan.

Supposed to be a deload day, so I kept the weights down. But I tried a couple of new things and they pretty much clobbered me. We'll see if I pay later.

Usual dynamic warm-up and warm-up sets.

180kg x 5 silly easy
200kg x 5 still silly
220kg x 5 no different
160kg x 5 x 8

Super-setted the 160kg DLs with SSB reverse lunges from a 5" deficit with 100kg on the bar. The bar's 60#, more or less, so it was about 275#. These pretty much kicked my butt sideways and dragged it around the room. 4 sets of 8 on each leg.

Some Pendlay rows once I'd stripped the DL setup down to 50 kilos on the bar, but my right elbow hurt oddly and letting it warm up didn't help. So I bagged them after a few.

SSB GMs, playing around more than anything. I used the bar with 100 kilos, but I didn't take them very seriously. I'd had enough by then.

My head is going to split open. I wish I knew why, because I'm not executing a constant valsalva maneuver and I'm not taking anything that consistently causes it. But every DL day sports a fresh, new headache. We all have our cross to bear.

AtLarge Results prior to, Surge Workout Fuel during/after, and some protein in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment