Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bench

Still hot around here, inasmuch as it ever gets hot around here. SoCal has nothing on Arizona/east Washington State/anywhere in the Southeast for heat. But I cooked in my home gym again today.

Usual warm-up stuff with extra for shoulders.

Bench:
180kg x 5
190kg x 5
200kg x 5
120kg + a bunch of chains x 5 x 10

Fat db rows 50 kg x 3 x 10 Backed down to 30kg x 2 x 10 and think I get more from it. I'll back down for good for a while, I think.

Skull-crushers to nose 60kg x 5 x 8

I felt really strong today. Things were working for some reason, even though it's the beginning of this 5/3/1 cycle. Still, I'm quite happy with the way the day felt. No headache afterward, for whatever reason -- must be about straining, I guess, and I wasn't at the beginning of this cycle.

Right shoulder still a little crunchy, but no pain today.

No comments:

Post a Comment