Thursday, July 9, 2009

Deload day 3 -- bench

My shoulders always have a tougher time with deload days, though I'm not sure why. I suspect I don't warm up as diligently or thoroughly, and my lifts may be a bit more ballistic. Whatever the case, my upper hinges feel crunchier on light days.

Bench:
140 kilos x 5
160 kilos x 5
180 kilos x 5

120kg x 5 x 10

Really concentrated on pulling the bar apart, which helps the shoulders a lot under load.

Kroc rows 80# x 5 x 10 each

Tried some of Smitty's Grappler Presses with 70# on a fat EZ curl bar. I like them, but I'll have to play with the load to get it right for form and difficulty.

Did some curls with the ez curl while it was loaded, but not in the squat rack. Promise.

No headache today. Hot -- no breeze, but a fair day.

No comments:

Post a Comment