Tuesday, October 8, 2013

training 10.8.2013

Warm, partly cloudy day.  Looked like rain this morning (as much as it ever does), but didn't come through.

I am moved, mostly out of boxes, and still can't get into the garage.  I re-upped with 24HR Fatness, despite all my better sense, just so I could return.  That and to remind myself why I hate commercial gyms.

Max upper day

Bench, comp grip, 8RM + back off set, 90s between sets: worked up to 185kg for 8 reps and did another set at that weight with a Slingshot for my back off set

Superset, 60s between:
 - neutral chins, 3xAMRAP, no added weight
 - DB press, 40kg DBs using 1.5 reps (half up, down, full up = 1 rep), 2x8

Superset, 60s:
 - Cable face pull, a bunch, 2x10
 - Cross-body hammer curl, very strict, 45# DB, 2x10

Added 3 sets of rows on a low-row machine just to hit my upper back some more.

Got lots of looks, feel very weak.  The place was full of wanna-bes, but I'm so weak I have nothing to say.

I'm going to start another blog full of worthless opinion.  I'll link to it here.  I'm sure you can't wait.  I'm also sure commercial gym stories will figure in.  I can't believe how busy the place was at 10-something -- doesn't anyone work?

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment