Thursday, October 10, 2013

training 10.10.2013

Cloudy, blustery.  Actually rained most of yesterday -- wet for more than ten minutes is rather unlike SD.

Day two of week 1 -- back to the beginning.

Dynamic work, forgot my Ndure/B-Ala/creatine stuff, did some bar work, got to it.

Hamstring work, 2x a bunch on a machine, rest-paused, 60s between sets and several warm-up sets

Squat, 8RM + back off set, knee sleeves only.  Had a couple of college kid curlers pressing up on my rack.  They'd loaded up the bar with way, way too much weight, were using straps (for supine grip curls?), and helping each other rep out.  Only way they could get that much stupid through any range of motion.

Oh, yeah, and I lifted some weight too.  I did a couple of extra sets of lighter weight and worked on depth, because my 8RM set depth sucked badly.  Hams too tight, even after direct ham work.  And my weight was pathetic -- 400-something -- but I got it done and had a hard time walking afterward.

Superset, 60s:
 - DB lunges, 3x12 with a bunch of weight
 - Modified dragon flags, 2x8

I was sucking wind pretty badly throughout that superset.

Superset, 60s:
 - Kroc rows with a crap-ton of weight, focus on pulling from the elbow up, no jerking, squeeze at the top, 2x a lot
 - DB clean hi-pulls, same DBs, about ripped one nipple off, 2x10

Felt good, wore my sorry butt out, gonna be as sore in the lower half as I am in the upper.  If I can tolerate all the stupid floating around the gym, I should be okay.  Now to find a time of day that isn't packed with that same stupid...

No comments:

Post a Comment