Wednesday, October 16, 2013

training 10.15.2013

Gorgeous, warm day.  The mornings are getting cooler, too, which is nice.

Started with Ndure and a Monster Ultra 0.  Wore elbow sleeves and did a fair amount of dynamic shoulder work.

I went mid-afternoon, too, in hopes of missing out on some of the crowd/stupid.  There was considerably less crowd and considerably less stupid -- the guys in there were serious types, with several legitimate gronks.  Felt a little better.

Trouble was, a walking stick was using the military press and all the racks were taken.  So I had to use machines today.  Oh, the horror.  Also, because of the crowds, supersets are nearly impossible anymore.  I do what I can, but adjustments are inevitable.

Military, 8RM + back off set, used a Hammer machine with a ton of weight, went until I failed at 4 reps and backed down to 8.  So I hit my 8RM twice.

Chins, neutral grip, no added weight

Hammer Iso-bench, rather little weight, 3x10 -- shoulders were starting to wear out

Cable face-pulls, 70-something off a stack, 3x12 with very strict form

Cross-body hammer curls, 3x10

Gironda swings with pink weight, 3x10   just wanted to hit the shoulders again, though they were toast by this point

Getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment