Tuesday, October 29, 2013

training 10.28.2013

Rainy, cool day.  Rather liked it.

NDure, Athletic Greens, a little dynamic work, etc.  Nothing but knee sleeves.

Hamstring curls on a machine: 3 warm-up sets of about 10 reps.  Each sets was 10 full reps + 10 partials out of the stretch, and 3 sets of that.

Squats: some dweeb was camping in the only squat rack the gym has doing something inane on a swiss ball, so I did leg press first.  Yes, I'm serious -- no gym is exempt from stupid.  He did occasionally squat, though he had the pussy pad on the bar and a 25 on each end.  Yes, he needed the manpon for 90-something pounds.  And he was there for a good 20 minutes doing whatever it was he thought he was doing, occasionally wiping with his pink towel.  I kid you not.  I'm sure he was supporting breast cancer something or other.

And before anyone lectures me about BRCA, I've lost family members to the cancer and assisted the scientist who first discovered the BRCA1 gene while she was doing the research.  This gym display had nothing to do with science.

Leg press with bands: 2 sets with low weight + bands and low reps to warm up.  3x8 with six wheels each side and the same doubled average bands from last time.  Kaboom.  Thought I'd vomit about now.

Curls: filling time while, well, you know.  Lots of sets of straight curls to hammer curls with 25# DBs at very high reps, staring at the floor the whole time to avoid being infected.

Squats: neo-super-maxi-zoondweebie (name the movie) had left the rack by now, so to the rack I went.  Worked up to a very tough 10, which was not as high as it should have been after the leg press.  Squatted wide and maintained form.  Weight was around 405, and no manpon was used -- I threw it across the room so that everyone could see how manly I am.  Okay, not really, but I did set it aside, even if I couldn't set aside my other issues.  Worked up to that 10, added weight and did 8, added weight and did 6.  3 work sets.  Dying about now.

Heavy DB lunge: used straps and 65s, did 2x10 one leg at a time.  Thought I might cry.  Seriously wondering if I was going to vomit.  Eyeballed the trashcan, which kept me from looking at my ugly mug in the mirror.  Didn't yack just yet.

DB SLDL with the same DBs, 2x20.  Might have wept.  Low back wasn't happy, and I kept an eye on depth in the mirror to stop once my hips stopped on the descent and low back started compensating.

Everything is sore, I'm seriously tired, and I like it.  Body weight is up about 4 pounds over the last two weeks and I am eating like a nutter.  Don't think I'm getting any fatter, so legs are the next most likely option.  I've ditched pretty much any diet plan outside of high protein and semi-paleo.  I'm just eating.  Still skipping breakfast, eating first meal around 10, sticking with about 3/4 pound of meat (or eggs) each meal, and only rice for carbs.  I have been known to hit the Halloween candy for a mini-bar from time to time, but haven't started crushing it yet.

Downed some Somatomax for sleep last night before bed.  Worked like it always does.  Slept super-hard.  When I take that stuff, I wonder if I'd wake for a fire.

Anyway, love you guys.  Really, I do, until you camp in my rack with pink towels and swiss balls and manpons...

No comments:

Post a Comment