Sunday, October 13, 2013

training 10.13.2013

Gorgeous, breezy, warm Fall day.

Week one, day three: upper reps

Started with Ndure and a Monster.  Dynamic shoulder work and some bar work, and wore sleeves for heat.

Military press, 2x8, 60s between.  Worked up and back down.

Superset, 60s:
 - Dips, no extra weight
 - Neutral chins

Dips usually aggravate my AC joint, but didn't today.  At least not yet noticeably.  Chins were neutral and narrow -- not a lot of options for neutral and wide.  None, in fact.

Gironda swings, very strict, with 25# DBs, 2 work sets with about 60s between

60-degree DB curl, 2x12 after working up to about 45#

Triceps pushdown, 2x15 with a little weight on a crappy cable stack

Did some extra sets of low fly chest work just for good measure.

The idiots were stinky today -- doesn't anyone wash their kit?  Gee whiz.  Soap and deo, boys.  And there were still a lot of them in there at 2:00 on a Sunday.  Thought maybe they would all be watching football or something equivalent.  As bad as several of them reeked, I'm shocked they don't have various rashes from unwashed clothing.  Maybe they do, and now they are sharing.  Didn't learn much from that raging case of jock itch you had in high school wrestling, huh?

Shoulders are pretty toasty.  Lower half is still pretty sore, too, so tomorrow's max upper day should be rather interesting.  Not sure what time I will try -- maybe 2:00 on a weekday won't be so bad.  We'll see.

In the meantime, I've had a headache for five days now, on and off.  Interestingly, it seems to go away when I'm straining in the weight room.  Maybe I'll just move there.  It has succeeded in making me about as unpleasant as I can be and not be disowned by all who know me (or at least have to live with me).

Hope all are having a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment