Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Training 9.6.2011

Muggy, warm, cloudy day here.  I like it, though it made the sweat come on quick this morning.

Started with the usual Results and SWF during.  Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wrap bands for the pressing.

2-board Bench Press: worked up to a new 5-rep max, adding 10kg over last time.  They were still pretty easy, so I suspect I'll get another substantial max next time.  Right shoulder barked a little, deep in the anterior process; more achy this time than sharp.  Still, it did fine and I finished happy.

Pull-ups: same weight, 6 sets of 50% of my max reps

3-way shoulder raises: as before, each set is 60 reps -- 20 in each direction.  Weight was pathetically light while I get back into it.  These sets are embarrassingly brutal.

DB Triceps Extensions: 4 sets of 10 reps with 45kg.  Last few reps were tough and took some time to collect.

All in all, going well.  Feel pretty good about things in general, though I need for the right shoulder to get right.

The new foster dog is proving to be a great little boy.  I'd forgotten what puppies are like -- it's like having a little kid around, in that you can't take your eyes off for long or risk disaster.  Also, he's a bundle of energy, but fitting in well around here.  Nothing destroyed yet, thankfully, except so-called "indestructible" toys.  He laughs at such pronouncements.

For any interested, the boys were crushed in their tournament this past weekend.  They didn't even bother showing up.  It was pathetic, and now they know what they have to do (as if we coaches haven't been telling them constantly).

My wife has her first figure comp this weekend, so it's back on the road.  Not sure what I'll do about the dogs, but we'll figure it out.  If she doesn't appose it, I'll post a picture of her spray-tanned physique.  Don't hold your breath.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment