Wednesday, September 14, 2011

training 9.14

Overcast, gray day here.  I don't mind.  Cooler, but not a breeze to be had.

Started with the usual cocktail and used SWF throughout.  Wore elbow sleeves and APT solid wrist wraps.  The velcro is wearing out on my wrap set and it's starting to annoy me.  APT is out of stock, so I'm waiting.

Did a little dynamic work to warm up and got to it.

Dynamic bench: 8 sets of 3 @60% max, 3 different grips; 1 set of 2 reps @ 70% max; 1 set of 1 rep @80%

These were pretty easy today -- no shoulder pain at all.  That's a beautiful thing.  I repped out 5 reps of the 80% final set.  Very happy about progress.

4-board: 3 sets of 3, starting at 90% full ROM 1-rep max and moving up to about 105%.  Good stuff, but need more tricep work

DB Bench: 5 sets of 10, increasing weight throughout (gradually); just getting them done, trying not to wake up the balky right shoulder.  Probably didn't get as much ROM as I should have, but not taking chances.

DB bent-over row: 5 sets of 10, supersetted with bodyweight rows from a suspended Spud triceps strap (love these... love, love, love) pulling strap to upper abs until totally gassed.

Triceps pushdowns: 4 sets of 12 with fair weight; gassed out last set, so happy.  Used my short(er) Spud triceps strap and cranked them out.  Love the way these make my arms feel.  I typically bend over a little and angle them toward my knees, pulling toward me a little bit.  My 'cable' doohickey is so incredibly kludged, I desperately need to invest in a plate-loaded cable pulldown/row machine.

I'm pretty much blasted.  Love that.  Now to get to work...

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment