Sunday, September 25, 2011

Training 9.25

Gray, cloudy day here.  Not much air moving at all, and a little cool.  No sweat; yesterday started that way, too, and I cooked in the sun for several hours volunteering at a dog adoption event.  Got a bit dehydrated and sunburned on the top of my head, but that was my poor planning.

Started with Results and used simple maltodextrose for peri.

Warmed up with the bar.  Wore elbow sleeves through all the pressing.

Bench: after a bunch of warm-up sets, 5reps with 155kg, 5x185kg, 9x210kg

Used my Slingshot on the final set -- 400-something felt like a lot of weight today.  Kept it reasonably slow to avoid ballistic assistance.  No pain to speak of.  Happy with this.

Incline bench: 5 sets of 20 reps with 50kg.  Kept it light to take it easy on my right shoulder, which hurts at this angle if I'm not constantly tight with my lats.  If I start to slack a little, I feel a sharp pain in the anterior process of my shoulder.  Good reminder to keep good form. 

Kept the hands out wide with my index finger outside the ring, which may exacerbate the shoulder problem.  Oh well.

Supersets: 5 sets of 20 reps of each, serially
Inverted rows: per the usual
Face pulls: don't remember the weight on the pin

Upper back and shoulders are clobbered, which was the desired effect.  Triceps were barking on the later incline sets, which also was desired.  I like this workout.

The foster dog ate my gorillapod tripod, so no video from this week.  I'll mount on the big tri and post vids this week.

Hope everyone has a great day.  Stay out of the sun.

For everyone that follows my meanderings, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment