Saturday, September 17, 2011

training 9.17

Gray day today.  That's fine so long as it doesn't rain -- got the Blazer outside with the top off.

Knew it would be a tough day today, so I got to it.  Started with the usual Results (love that stuff) and Surge Workout Fuel (not sure if I love it or not).  Spiked and Torked through the heavy sets.  Love both of those, though ammonia does crazy things to me.

Wore loose briefs and knee sleeves.  Did a lot of dynamic work and a whole lot of bar work to warm up.

Squat: close stance, low box, 5-rep max.  These were really good.  Paused on the box and released my hip flexors -- made sure form was solid.  Low back felt one or two reps, but I tightened up and solved it.  Hit 265 kilos, which makes me rather happy for this -- might be a PR for solid form 5-rep close low box (say that ten times fast).

GHR: This would be a lot easier if I had one.  Used my kludged setup and hit 40 reps in one set with 75#

DB Lunges:  4 sets of 10 with only 40# DBs, because my left knee still twinges pretty badly with these.  Might have to switch to step-ups on a bench with a barbell, because no twinges there.

Hip thrusters: heavy stone in lap, sets of 12, bunches

Stiff-leg DL from a 2" deficit: Only had 20kg each side, just to get a feel for hams.  Kept feet close, strict form, reached until felt ham stretch.  Kept low back very tight.

Sit-ups: whatever

All in all, good.  Went pretty quickly because I was so gassed from the squats.  I will get more videos up this week, so stay tuned.

Lots to get done today.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment