Wednesday, September 21, 2011

training 9.21

Pretty day today.  Fairly warm, too, which is nice.  I'm ready for the crispness of autumn, but it's hard to find fault with a warm, sunny day.

Started with Results and Spike and some dynamic warm-up work.  Did a fair amount of bar work to warm up as well.

Deadlift:  after several warm-up sets,
180kg x 5
205kg x 5
235kg x 5

Not bad, though the last set felt heavy.  Prior to that, each set felt easier than the previous.  Pretty happy given how long I've been away from the DL.

500# for five solid reps is close to a personal best for me, I'm pretty sure.  I'll have to go back and check.

Supersets:
SLDL from a deficit: 5x20 with 110kg

Just wanted to feel my hams, though ended up feeling more hips.  Go figure.

Step-ups: 5x20 Not much weight on the shoulders.  Just got them done.

Abs: 5x20 again, just got it done.

All in all, pretty content with this.  No pain to speak of, nothing ruptured, no broken blood vessels anywhere.  Pretty good.

Hope you all have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment