Sunday, November 17, 2013

training 11.16.2013

Forgot the usual elixirs ahead of time and went natural, so to speak.

1-arm barbell rows, 3x8 very heavy: kept the weight close to the ground using small plates, stood beside the bar like a suitcase carry, lifted one end to chest.  Concentrated on pulling with elbows and squeezing lats.  Worked up to RPE=10 and counted the previous 3 sets as my work sets.

Partial pulldown, 4x8, pull to nose height, very wide grip: unfortunately, I went to the little gym and they don't have a plate-loaded pulldown.  There was not enough weight on the stack, so I pulled the whole stack and added a 3s pause at the bottom, squeezing hard.  Still did sets of 8, and it was tough enough.  Repped out the final set.

Cable low-row w/ very wide grip, 4x10: squeezed the lats hard, pulled to bottom of sternum.

DB pullovers, 3x12: keep arms straight, pull only to top of forehead, work very slowly.  These are tough.  Beat my weight from last time.

Hypers with band, 3x failure: used a simple 45 degree and repped each set out.  These were very tough.

As usual, I was the youngest in the gym by about 20 years.  I was working hard, sweating hard in front of a fan; weak, pasty old fart walked in, unplugged my fan, and left.  Literally left the club.  What?  I was incredulous.  Never once looked at me.  I'm pretty hard to miss.

Politeness is dead in California, I'm convinced.  We're one minor disaster away from a complete failure of civility.

I'll be over here.  Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment