Tuesday, August 27, 2013

training 8.27.2013

Week 7, day 1 -- max upper

Hot, humid.  One day off -- this was yesterday's work, but I was interviewing all day.

Ndure, wrist support, MGPM during.  Dynamic shoulder work and bar work to get a sweat on.

Low incline press, 8RM + back-off set: worked up to 150kg on the bar and backed down 10kg.  Felt good, strong, and tight.

1-arm DB clean&press, 3x10: used a 50kg fat DB and my right shoulder did not like it.  Pushed through.

Superset, 60s between:
 - neutral grip ring pull-ups, 3x10
 - flat DB press, 3x10 with fat DBs and 50kg each, right shoulder barking deep in the joint capsule

Superset, 60s:
 - EZ curl, 3x10: added some db hammer curls as finishers with each set until exhausted
 - DB shrug, 2x12: did these, but I'm still sore from the high-pulls the other day

Right shoulder limited this session, unfortunately.  Not entirely sure why or what I did to aggravate it.

I think the interview went reasonably well, though my would-be boss was enigmatic.  The first several I talked with, I think I convinced them handily.  Sounds like a great opportunity, and I would be quite happy to get an offer.  Thinking about working up a 30/60/90 day plan to submit; figure it can't hurt.

Diet suffered yesterday.  Interviewing is exhausting, and there is no opportunity to stay hydrated.  Woke up this morning nominally dehydrated and feeling my right kidney.  Packing for the move has also suffered, so the next two days are going to be hectic.

Anyway, got to clean up, eat, and get to a meeting with my contract job at 1:30.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment