Saturday, August 17, 2013

training 8.17.2013

Week 5, day 3 -- upper reps

Got my weeks wrong last time.  Week out was deload week 4.

Sore as stink right now, so getting back in was going to feel good.  Hot day here today, at least for here.

Ndure, dynamic work (a lot of shoulder work), and some bar work to warm up.  Wrist support only.

1-arm 45-degree DB press, 3x10: 40kg DB, these were tough.  60 seconds between sets

Superset:
 - wide neutral grip weighted chins, 2xAMRAP, 60s: got 15 and 12
 - DB Military press, 2x8, 60s: did these 1-arm with the 80kg fat DB I used above

Superset:
 - Hammer curl, 2x10, 45s
 - pullover DB tri extension, 2x15, 45s

Used 20kg fat DBs for the last superset, and that was plenty.

Packing for the move week after next, trying to get work done and hold the family together.  Got a dog with skin trouble (keeps rubbing his face on the rug until it bleeds; gave him prednisone, which helped a lot but is hard on his stomach, etc.), working on getting a job while giving my contract value, and trying to find a big perm job.  Made a huge fubar this week when I accidentally copied my would-be boss on a forwarded political piece; thankfully I didn't comment, so my intent remained unclear, but it was just plain stupid.  We'll see what she thinks on the 26th when I wander up to Cerritos for a full-day grilling.

Hang tough, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment