Thursday, August 15, 2013

training 8.15.2013

week 3, day 2 -- max lower

Gorgeous day.

Ndure, knee sleeves, Spud DL belt, dynamic work and bar work.

GHR, 2x10, 90s, a bunch of added weight at the chest
Squat, 8RM + back-off set, 120s between; weight was up significantly from last time
Front squat, 1x20, 120s after; used the SSB reversed so the pad was on my shoulders and clavicles, which I really like; lots of weight, but it was my wind that suffered.

While on the subject of sucking wind, it surprised me to be so badly out of wind.  I can't tell you how many dozens of miles I hiked last week at 12000 feet -- you'd think I would have an easier time for a few days.  Wasn't to be, as I saw stars and worried about what I'd hit on the way down.  Oh well.

Superset:
 - meadows t-bar row, 2x10 with lots of weight
 - dragon flags, 2x8 -- gotta admit, I like these a lot

Moving in two weeks, packing madly until then.  Contract job is suffering while I pack, etc.  Interview with the big corpo concern is likely to be the week of the 2nd.  A lot has to happen between now and then, and it's a mad rush.  Last thing I'll dismantle and pack is the iron, though.

I bought Athletic Greens and will report once they arrive and I start to use.  All reviews and personal anecdotes suggest it will be worth it.  Going to make some significant dietary adjustments, too, which I will report on in some detail; I've decided to lean out to single digits, so we'll see what happens.  I suspect it'll be relatively easy, actually.  We will find out.

Hold fast, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment