Saturday, May 5, 2012

training 5.5.2012

1RM day.

Started with a lot of dynamic work and worked up through the bar work quickly.  Wore loose briefs (more a mental thing than anything), knee sleeves, elbow sleeves, and Spud velcro wrist wraps.  Used belts when heavy.
Downed the B-Ala/creatine mix before and Spiked.

Squat: hit 365kg, failed under 370 -- this was a mental failure, because I had pitched forward and bailed on my first attempt and was thinking about it.  Coming out of the hole under 365, I was fast.  I can get 820.
Comp raw ben: hit 250kg, failed under 255.  Shoulder was barking a little, but that's not the reason.  All the way down I knew it wasn't going back up.
DL: hit 290kg, failed to pull 300.  My DL sucks.

Totaled elite in my gym (wouldn't count as entirely raw, squatting in those briefs), almost entirely because my squat is freakish.  That and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee.  Will post video.

Very hungry.  Got a day wine tasting in Temecula today, which isn't the best wine but will be a lot of fun.  I like spending time with my wife.

Now to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment