Thursday, May 24, 2012

training 5.24.2012

Supposed to rain tomorrow, which is fine with me. 

Very warm and brutally hungry going in.  A little dynamic work and a lot of bar work to warm up.  I really can't let myself get that hungry -- it's counterproductive to the gaining/maintenance I've been working so hard on.

Used B-Ala/creatine before and two doses of MGPM during.

Squat x4@8.5 + -5%: 95% of most recent 1RM (!), one fatigue set; was every bit of a 9, maybe 9.something

2ct pause DL x2@8 + -5%: 93% of 1RM, one fatigue set

Pendlay rows x6@9 + -5%: bunch of weight, still mostly about wind and not muscles

I got some new Jack briefs and tried them on before training.  Getting them fully on, checking the fit, and taking them off was exhausting before any lifting.  What a wimp.

Got my new fat Free-spotter DBs from Sherm.  I'll post pics once I get them installed.  I'm thrilled.

Regular season baseball is over; now to all-stars.  It will be nice to have a few days to myself and my wife, not to mention training at regular intervals.  I'm sure Mike doesn't care, but I do.

Thanks for checking in.  Miller, if you're still reading, glad to see you're back at it.  Hang tough, brother; it'll come back.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment