Monday, December 5, 2011

training 12.5.2011

Awesome evening -- very calm, cool, windless.  Good night for a walk on the beach.

Was very excited about training tonight.  I love that, particularly since I'm still in max effort week.

Did some band dislocates and shoulder tornadoes before hitting the bar to warm up.  Very effective for me and they tend to keep me from pain, but I have to remember to do them.  You'd think it would be easy, but I'm getting old.

Wore elbow sleeves and shorty wrist wraps just tight enough for some support.  More as a safety blanket than anything else.

Started with MGPM and am hitting the Dark Matter now as I type. 

Bench: worked up to 230kg, where I got 7 reps

Incline: 3 sets of 30 reps with some weight
Elbow-out triceps: 3 x 30 with the 120# stone

Still loving the carb backloading.  Kiefer is releasing the book this Friday and it will have everything in it, even down to meal plans and swaps for foods you hate.  Looking forward to getting into it and looking for things I've gotten wrong.  In the meantime, I feel fantastic -- better than in a long time -- have plenty of energy even with intermittent fasting and no carbs before 5:00, and my workouts are as good as ever, if not better.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great evening. Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment