Monday, December 26, 2011

training 12.26.2011

Gorgeous weekend.  I had to do a lot of cooking and entertaining, so I lost a day of training.

Also, I obliterated carb discipline pretty much all of yesterday.  Yes, I do feel softer today.

Back to it.  I did some band work and a lot of bar work to warm up.  Drank water during.

Still week 1.

Bench:
Worked up to 220kg and pressed 9 reps.  This is nowhere near a record, but the last rep I was starting to tire significantly and lost the bar out of the groove low.  Yeah, I was raw, but I let the bar drift low.  At that point, rather than hurt myself trying to recover it, and let go and stopped the set.  I'm ok with that.

Superset
Low row/incline bench/elbows-out triceps press with the 150# stone.  Did sets of at least 20, sometimes 30.

Pretty cooked.  Time to shower and eat.  Hope to hear from Big Mike T next week and get started on some serious work.  Time to pick another comp to do, too.

Have a safe short week, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment