Sunday, November 13, 2011

training 11.12

Saturday morning, raining hard.  The boy is supposed to have a baseball tourney all weekend, but there's no way; it's been raining for hours already, and fields around here soak quickly.  They were never made to percolate well anyway, so it's no surprise.

Started with the usual MGPM, Results, and Axcel.  Really liking the AtLarge Axcel -- great effect, manageable energetics without feeling funky, no nausea, no runny nose.  The stuff rocks.  Titer up appropriately, though -- first time I took it did not feel like it does now, having gotten used to it.  I will cycle off occasionally, as it wouldn't do to be inured to stims.

Warmed up with the bar.  I need to do more dynamic and band work on days that are shoulder intensive, but I frequently forget in the excitement of days I like.  Need to fix that.  I felt my right shoulder a couple of times this day, so...

Bench:

Worked up to 200kg and pressed ten reps.  I think that's a rep record.  I racked the bar, weighted ten deep breaths, and did three more.  The last was pathetic and ugly, which was desired.

Supersets, 5x20:
Incline bench
Elbow-out extensions

The incline bench I did what were in essence three-quarter reps on the low end, never fully locking out until the last five reps.  I used the elbow-outs for triceps and the incline for chest and shoulders.  I love this combination, frankly, and annihilated my arms and chest (it's next day as I type, and I am quite sore).  This is what I want my training sessions to be -- intense, thorough, exhaustive.  Love it.  If I have to use my arms in anger today (11.13), I'm screwed -- there's nothing in the tank today.

Great session, and today is a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment