Wednesday, October 19, 2011

training 10.19.2011

Rainy day for the second in a row, which is very unusual.  I don't mind it, but I do have some stuff to do that it gets in the way of a little.  So be it.  Plenty else to do.

Big day today, being a max effort squat day.  I gave myself an extra day to loosen my back before hitting this one, which is one way of saying that I am both exhilarated and intimidated by heavy squat days.

Started the usual way with the usual things, and added some Axcel for added oomph.  (I admit to loving stimming-up, even though it has side effects.  I just love the intensity of everything.) Did a bunch of dynamic work and worked up quickly under the bar to training weights.  Wore knee sleeves and loose briefs for the whole thing, though was so pumped by the effort that my briefs were not very loose by the end.

Squat: numerous sets working up to 335kg.  Got 3 reps at 335, which makes me deliriously happy -- that's a lot of flippin' weight.  My reps at 325 were very good for depth, but I have no idea about the last set; I was paying attention to not dying.  The first rep came up easily enough that I suspect depth was short, but I waited for the familiar feeling of depth on the second and third.  I might have had a fourth, but didn't feel like finding out.  Very pleased.  No pain anywhere.

Did some RDLs and deep narrow-stance squats to a "box" (a 15# med ball, so about 13 inches high) as assistance work, but wasn't interested in much.  Frankly, the main event sapped most of what I had, so I called it.

Good movement, good weight (nuttin' but a peanut), no pain.  That's a good day.

On the TMI tip, my kidney stone finally came out today, ten days after passing.  Yeah, it's more than you wanted to know, but you might as well know what you're in for if you ever pass one.  Anyone wants real details, I've kept journals and pain management charts for the last two events.  This is the first time (I've passed four stones) that I recovered the stone, so I will be able to get it analyzed and find out what to change.  The whole reason I'm telling you all this is because that makes me very happy -- no guesswork makes me happy.  Knowledge is power.

And while spewing rainbows and unicorns, I got a job offer today.  I am very likely to buck the trend and no longer be a statistic, soon re-entering the world of the employed.

So rain or not, it's a good day for this cowboy.  Have a great day yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment