Saturday, July 23, 2011

Training 7.23

Rather warm for SD, which means 20 degrees cooler than the rest of the country. I won't whine. But it was tough, and I feel for all the rest of you. A good Southern boy remembers what it was like, and I am that.

Just finished, so I'll keep it quick.

Started with Results, wore elbow sleeves and knee sleeves. Did a little dynamic work and a little bar work and tried to get it over with.

Bench
Same weight as last time, three sets. First set was 2/3/5/10 reps, second and third 2/3/5. All had the same weight. Right shoulder still isn't happy, but I got it done.

Bat wings:
Went up on the weight, 5 reps x 5s each with 5s rest between. I like these a lot.

1-arm press:
Dropped a little weight to take it easy on the right shoulder. Still felt them, which is fine.

Complex:
- row x 5
- clean x 5
- front squat x 5
- military x 5
- squat x 5
- good morning x 5

5 sets, all without putting the bar down. Brutal today.

Squat:
100kg x 10 reps
120kg x 10 reps
130kg x 50 reps

I'll be in Baltimore this week taking the kid to Ripken Baseball Camp. Got a powerlifting gym to train in up in Towson. I'll try to report.

I'm gonna go vomit now.

1 comment: