Saturday, July 2, 2011

Training 7.2

Ok, so it's been a long time since I posted. The boy made his Little League All-Star team and there have been daily practices, every day, for weeks. First game is today, and they are in the toughest pool in the district, bar none. One of the teams is Rancho Santa Fe, with five sons of former major leaguers on the squad. Five.

Yeah, great genetics doesn't guarantee victory, but it doesn't hurt either.

I've been coaching the pitchers, and they've made great strides (just a few weeks, mind you -- not long to mold a champion). But they're likely to get creamed. We'll see.

I've been training around audit (my company) and LL; just haven't been posting. We've been monkeying with my hormones, which has left me feeling weak, fat, tired, and generally wrong. Things are stabilizing and there is light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm not 100% yet. I pity women having to go through this every 28 days, truly.

And while my Commodores fell just short, how about the SEC? We rule.

Due to all of the other changes, I made a change in my workouts for a breath of fresh air. While I wait to sync with Mike T on a plan, I'm going to run a multi-week program from Dan John. Love his stuff -- very no-nonsense.

Used Results, chalk, and that's it. Went raw the whole way.

Lots of dynamic work and got to it.

Bench: 5x5 raising the weight by about 10% each set, ending at 145kg
Bat-wings: 10 second hold of scapular pinch with heavy dumbbells
1-arm press: ran the dumbbells from 55# up with sets of 5
Bird-dogs: not sure what the point is, but I held a ten second pose each side for ten reps for three sets
Complex:
Rowx3
Cleanx3
Front squatx3
Militaryx3
Back squatx3
Good morningx3

I did three sets of complexes, each without putting the bar down, each with a fair amount of weight on a regular bar. The squats were narrow stance, ass to ankles (legit). Weight will come up on these once I decide which is my weakest form. Right now, might be GM, oddly enough, when I'm totally raw (a belt helps my GM a lot).

Finally,
Squat: one set of 30 reps with 100kg on the bar

Wide stance, took them smoothly and slowly. My legs were fine, but my lungs were screaming. Went as deep as my hammies and glutes would allow, until I felt a significant stretch, well below parallel.

I'm going to be seriously sore tomorrow. I love it. Back in a day.

Have a great, safe weekend, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment