Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 4 week 16

Back in the rumpus room today. Gorgeous day, though partly cloudy. San Diegans are such weather wimps.

Started with AtLarge Results and the Shelby mix, elbow sleeves, wrist wraps, eventually knee sleeves. I wore Ace briefs again for the squatting. Spiked and Torked a lot.

I did a lot of dynamic work and a lot of bar work to warm up before getting to it. My right shoulder was again unhappy with the military work.

All exercises were 3 sets of 5-7 with about 180s between.

Military press, seated, fat bar: 3 x 7 reps with ten kilos more than last week. The last set was downright brutal, but I got 7 reps on all three sets. This was a weight PR for me.

Seated french press: Elbows were not happy and the weight is getting up there, so I bagged these and did DB presses from the shoulders on a flat bench. I used my 30kg DBs with skinny handles and did simple presses with no swing and no roll. Elbows stayed tight and straight and everything worked well.

Squat
: 3 x 7 x even more kg. Took the weight up another ten kilos with a reverse green band on the bar. All three sets were smooth, though the walkouts were a bastard. My right hip was a little balky on the walkout, but no troubles during the squats. I did three sets of 5 reps, and this weight is a PR. This is a scary amount of weight -- every 50kg and 25kg plate I have was on the bar. Walkouts were six inches max, and I was scared still. One misplaced foot and I'm done for a long time. I need a monolift. Still, a PR. I saw stars, but the reps were smooth. I'd set the pins below parallel and dropped until I touched the pins. The weight came up well. Maybe next time I'll back in down a little and lose the band -- it would be interesting to see what my current max is.

So, a great day. Just fantastic. I'm hoarse from all the grunting, but I'm good with that. Back to work tomorrow, though I'll likely try to train tomorrow too. I hope everyone's weekend ends up as successful as I've felt mine has been.

Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment