Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 2 week 15

Great day today. Started cloudy and a little cool, though humid. Finished warm and sunny. Didn't use the fan in the rumpus room and sweat like a pig.

I used Results and the Shelby mix per usual. Lots of Red Fang today, which helped in the squats. No Spike because I'm gonna need it later. I tried a little Tork, but it's getting weak and needs to be replaced.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps for the upper work and loose briefs for the lower. Warmed up with dynamic work and bar weight before each.

All exercises were 3 sets of 8-10 with 180s rest between, all to positive failure.

Shoulder work: 3 sets of 10 reps with 35#. Held each rep at the top and worked to avoid swinging at the bottom. Shoulders felt pretty darn good. Pleased yet again. I polished afterward between JM sets with the chains with handles, concentrating on posterior delts. Really hit them hard this way, which makes me feel really good. I think I might have had 30 pounds of chain in each hand, so it was pretty light at the bottom. Maybe half touched floor.

JM Press with the fat bar: 120 kilos x 3 x 10, raised the weight 5 kilos per side again and did all sets with it. My elbows screamed a little and some of the last set looked more like narrow grip bench. I might just have to move to N-G bench if my elbows are gonna bark.

SSB box squat to parallel: 3 x 10. Set up a squat box at parallel, put 250 kilos on the SSB and pounded. Up 15 kg per side today. Again, felt fantastic and sucked serious wind, really pounded my quads, which I needed, and by the time I was done, my loose briefs were pretty tight. Fantastic. My form seems to be coming along, which makes me happy. I can feel when my head starts to sag or my back isn't tight top to bottom. I pause on the box and am careful not to rock. Things are starting to work. Great stuff.

I'm heading to hang with some wild friends out in East County today. I have to say, I'm really excited about it. I have lost a lot of weight in the last two weeks over stress, not lifting, eating poorly, etc. Had to eat serious crow with Shelby and get back on the horse. Things are coming along, though we're having to work extra hard to stop the weight decline. It's a bit of a bitch, actually, so we've increased pretty much everything. I'll be guzzling olive oil with my beer before this is over.

Anyway, thanks for checking in. Have a great holiday and weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment