Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 4 week 15

Been a cloudy day with sporadic sunshine. I get my sunshine from other sources these days.

I love the fourth day. Just love it. Squats are my thing, I've decided.

All my peeps are back in the country and back in the office, so things were still nutty but so much better. More natural. Maybe back to something like normal.

Still had a lot of anger going into the rumpus room, though easily directed at the weight. The rush consumes me and I can rip into my work in a way that guarantees a sort of satisfaction.

Started with AtLarge Results and the Shelby mix, elbow sleeves, wrist wraps, eventually knee sleeves. I wore Ace briefs again for the squatting.

I Spiked again and opened a new bottle of Tork. Holy cow, does it become obvious how worn down the old is when you open new. Singed all the hairs in my nose during squats today. Love it.

I did a lot of dynamic work and a lot of bar work to warm up before getting to it. My right shoulder was still unhappy with the military work, but I worked on elbow angles that relieved it and did ok.

All exercises were 3 sets of 5-7 with about 180s between.

Military press, seated, fat bar: 3 x 7 reps with ten kilos more than last week. This is a lot of weight, frankly, and my last reps of my last set were grunted up, no doubt. These were hard.

Seated french press: 3x7. I added five kilos this week and really grunted these up too. I had to struggle to keep my elbows up, as the temptation to drop them into a jerk is pretty great. But I managed, and I hit the triceps the way I wanted to.

Squat
: 3 x 7 x even more kg. Took the weight up another ten kilos and put a reverse green band on the bar. No Andersons this week -- straight squats with the band. These too were bitch-tough, but felt fantastic. Without the band, this would be a rep PR, so I have something to aim for next week. As good as these felt, I think that PR is going down.

Just a terrific session this week. Worked out some things, still working on gaining weight, and powered up some really satisfying bar weight. I can hardly wait to get after it again, which feels good.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment