Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 3 week 16

Humid day by SD standards, so the rumpus room was a sweatatorium. Can't tell you how good it feels to get back in the room, though. Work has seriously stepped up from a time commitment standpoint, so it's been a while. Granted, it gave my left elbow a chance to heal up, so it wasn't all bad.

Dragging a bit today. No idea why, though it's likely emotional. Such is life.

Started with AtLarge Results and the usual Shelby mix. Spiked for good measure and Torked during. Seared my sinuses, I did.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps today. Did some dynamic work to warm up, but did a lot of bar work. Did suck a lot of wind, too.

All sets 5-7 reps, 180s between, all to positive failure (or worse).

Rows: 3 sets x 7 reps. Bench incline was 50 degrees. Bar had 140 kg and I concentrated on a good scapular squeeze at each finish. Super-wide grip with lots (I mean a whole lot) of bar warm-up in rapid succession to work up a good sweat. These were pretty good, so I'll see how I feel tomorrow and decide whether to move to another exercise next time.

Fly fat DB: 3 sets with 70 kg and ran them doggcrapp style again. Same weight as last time. Got 22 reps first set(-1), 12 second (+3), 6 third (+2). Felt quite good and went up on two of the sets. Still have a funny twinge in my right shoulder when down at full ROM.

Fat rope drag curl: 3 x 7. Again I used the two-inch rope looped around the handle of one of my fat DBs with 70 kilos loaded and did drag curls. Honestly, these are still fantastic. I did all sets DC style, like the fly. Got 15 first set, 12 second, 7 third. We'll see how it goes.

Calf: Loaded up the SSB with 200kg and did sets of 15 from a 4" platform. Felt good. We'll see -- might inch up a little on this and push to 6" platform.

All in all, a great return. Time off seems to be doing me ok these days, though I hate it. I'll train again tomorrow, I'm sure, just because I can't stand not to. My mental health requires it.

Hope all have a great day. Hang tough, Bob.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment