Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 3 week 15

Hazy day today, but really quite nice. A little warm by SD standards and a little humid by same, but nothing like what most of you experience. Turned on the fan in the rumpus room.

Started with AtLarge Results and the usual Shelby mix. Spiked for good measure.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps today. Did almost no dynamic work to warm up, but did a lot of bar work. Did suck a lot of wind, though.

All sets 5-7 reps, 180s between, all to positive failure (or worse).

Rows: 3 sets x 7 reps. Bench incline was 50 degrees. Bar had 140 kg and I concentrated on a good scapular squeeze at each finish. Super-wide grip. After the three sets (got all 7 each), I dropped half the weight and did sets of 10 to polish off anything left. Having a hard time feeling my upper back, so I might have to take Bob's advice and switch to heavy cleans. Maybe fat db clean and jerk, since I feel I can never give my shoulders too much work.

Fly fat DB: 3 sets with 70 kg and ran them doggcrapp style. This was up five kilos each hand, mostly because I was too chicken to go up ten. Got 23 reps first set, 9 second, 4 third. Felt pretty good. Still have a funny twinge in my right shoulder when down at full ROM. Wouldn't surprise me if I've torn something, but I'm not of a mind to get it checked until it starts limiting me.

Fat rope drag curl: 3 x 7. Again I used the two-inch rope looped around the handle of one of my fat DBs with 70 kilos loaded and did drag curls. Honestly, these are fantastic. I did 7 first set, 10 second, 13 third. I'll go up again next time. Loving these.

Calf: Did sets of 50 reps between each set today, alternating between toes-out and toes-in. I think that was nine or ten sets of 50. We'll see if I can walk tomorrow.

Great day. Body weight is climbing slowly again, progress is being made under tension, and work is, well, work.

Have a great week, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment