Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 2 week 16

Theory of a Deadman, Chevelle, Godsmack, Drowning Pool, and a few others.

Personal drama hasn't abated -- deepening, actually. I feel guilty for mentioning it with what Bob's going through, though. Time to sack up.

I used Results and the Shelby mix per usual, Spiked, a little Tork with the squats.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps for the upper work and loose briefs for the lower. Warmed up with dynamic work and bar weight before each. Lots of dynamic work with my shoulders in particular because my right shoulder was a little balky. I suspect I've got something floating around in it because it doesn't always hurt. Erred on the side of caution today there, but did less for hips and knees than usual. Oh well.

All exercises were 3 sets of 8-10 with 180s rest between, all to positive failure.

Shoulder work: 3 sets of 10 reps with 35#. Held each rep at the top and worked to avoid swinging at the bottom. Kept it simple today because of my complaining shoulder and left elbow problems from last time.

Narrow Grip Bench Press with the fat bar: 120 kilos x 3 x 10 to be safe. Went up reasonably easily. Still felt it in the triceps, but could have done more. I'll go up next time.

SSB box squat to parallel: 3 x 10. Set up a squat box at parallel, put 250 kilos on the SSB and pounded. Still great quad work -- very happy with the way this is going and suspect a weight PR is in the near future. Hips felt it, and for some reason I had to concentrate a little extra of tightening my torso today. My back felt a little loose for some reason. Maybe the recent weight loss is affecting the tightness of the belt. Pushed out hard and went fine.

My left elbow was ok today. Didn't feel it while lifting, but a little afterward when pulling plates from bars. It's improving, so I won't complain.

All in all, a great day. A Santa Ana is blowing through, so it's 100 on the beach this morning. The rumpus room was stinkin' hot, so the fan was blasting. Still sweating like a pig, so time for a contrast shower.

Great day, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment