Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 1 week 15

Man, am I energized. I mean, I'm tired all the freakin' time, but I'm so ready to work. I love that. Spike will wake me up.

Didn't do much for dynamic work today. Did a little dynamic and a little band work to loosen the lats before pull-ups, but it's usually my biceps that feel it anyway.

Ordered a grunt-load of Nitrean from AtLarge today, which will make everyone here happy when it gets here. Only complaint about Chris and the boys is how long it takes to get product. True Protein is literally 15 miles from my house, so orders from them appear the next day. But the Nitrean tastes so very much better than anything out there of that quality.

Drank the Results and Shelby mix with half a Spike in it as usual and got to it. Need to order more Spike.

Wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps and warmed up with the bar and got on with it.

More Chevelle today, plus some Shinedown, Ten Years, and some classic Killing Joke. Everything kicked off with some vicious Deftones.

Pull-ups, fat grip, wide: 3 x 15 smooth. All sets were +45kg. Just three sets today but upped the reps to 15. Felt fantastic. Biceps barked by the end, but I don't care. Last set was pretty tough.

Incline bicep curl: 3 x 10 with 35 kilos on the skinny DBs. Everything felt great, but very hard. Last set I only got five reps with ten legit in the other two sets. Excellent. Decided not to drop or cheat and called it there.

Bench press, regular bar: 3 x 10. Kept the same weight as last time but got ten clean reps on all three sets. This was really tough, but I nutted out the last rep. Feel really good about all of this.

Standing calf: Straight sets of 50 reps.

8IUs insulin after and now need to get to eating.

Still struggling a little with some emotional junk -- that's the way life is. I've got it rather easy compared to most, so nothing I should complain about. I'll be glad when I start sleeping better, though. I'm pretty sure I know why I'm not, which gives me hope.

Long weekend ahead. Got an invitation from some crazy friends to go drinking, which at my age is a dangerous proposition -- sounds like fun. I'm sure someone will be dancing on a table before it ends...just hope it's not me or no one has a camera. Everyone stay safe.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment