Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 1 week 16

Ok, so today sucked. Lots of promise and ready to rock, but I created a problem. Yesterday I was working on my motorcycle and tweaked my left elbow replacing the fuel pump. Thought it was just a getting-old tweak, took advil, and forgot about it. Nope.

After the pullups today, my elbow was on fire. Feels like onset of tendinitis -- that kind of ache. Nuts.

I got all my sets if pullups and tried to warm up the incline curls. Even the warm-up made my arm want to fall off, so I decided stupidly to try the bench. Didn't want to have to write a bunch of nothing in the log, so I set to the warm-up. A great big cupful of nope. Got to work weight and called the day. Got the arm on ice at the moment, trying to type one-handed. So today will have to be a mulligan.

Drank the Results and Shelby mix with half a Spike in it as usual, wore elbow sleeves and wrist wraps, and warmed up with the bar.

Pull-ups, fat grip, wide: 3 x 15 smooth. All sets were +45kg. Started with a set of 10 and then the three of 15. Felt pretty good, but elbow barked between.

Incline bicep curl: miss.

Bench press, regular bar: Warmed up, miss.

Standing calf: Straight sets of 50 reps.

I did the calves in between sets of wimpiness.

Ice and try again another day. Better luck to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment