Thursday, December 31, 2009

Military press

One of my dogs got me up at 2:00 last night to pee. She's the rescued racing greyhound and is a real princess, so she won't go out until she's gonna pop. The little stinker. Anyway, I took her out and felt fine; when I got up at 5:30, my SI joint was screaming. Not sure what I did between 2:00 and 5:30, but it was bad.

So between my aching elbow and my SI joint, I'm still whining. I also cut the chins from today's workout -- my arm already wants to fall off.

So back to the microlactin in force today, and I may add circumin and definitely Advil. Vike may be called for before I'm done.

So I started with SWF and AtLarge Results, APT Convict elbow sleeves, and Metal wrist wraps. I warmed up methodically under the bar and the elbow felt ok.

Military:

120 kilos x 5 easy. No real elbow pain while lifting, but I feel it when tension dissipates. Weird.
135 kilos x 3 Still easy lifting, though now I feel the elbow under tension.
155 kilos x 1 Got 10 reps, which is a PR for weight and reps, I think. I'll have to check.

90 kilos x 5 x 10 Very easy, though elbow is barking loudly by this point. I need to raise this weight once the elbow calms down.

No superset.

I need to find a way to take it easy on the elbow for a while and heal it up. This stinks. Golf yesterday exacerbated it pretty badly, I know, so maybe just regular movement will be ok. We'll see. In the meantime, I ache.

Sorry about the bitching.

Off to dynamic work for the SI joint -- at least if it moves I'll feel relief -- and try to keep the right arm from falling off.

No comments:

Post a Comment