Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Squat day

Got a house full of boys playing on my X360, so took the chance to get in some gym time. Beautiful warm day today, feeling good (except for my crapped-up elbow), and ready for heavy work.

Started with Ace briefs. Couldn't find any of the pairs of compression shorts I usually wear under my briefs, so I had to go with a cotton pair. I hate that. Just got me off kilter right off the bat. Whine, bitch, moan. What a baby. Everyone else is hurt and I'm pissing over my shorts.

Started over with Results, SWF, dynamic work, and a lot of warm-up sets. Kickin' tunes and on to the weight.

Squat:

330 kilos x 3 pretty good, despite shorts up my crack
360 kilos x 3 went up fine, depth was ok -- not great, but ok
380 kilos x 3 got five reps. Not bad. No sense for depth besides clanking on the safety pins, which should be right at parallel. I'll have to film to verify, because the monster 8 I got at 380 a couple of weeks ago is seriously in question until I can verify depth.

220 kilos plus a bunch of chains 5 x 8 depth still just ok

superset with

med ball ab twists 5 x 10

My head isn't too bad for some reason today. Maybe I didn't push hard enough. Who knows. BP low? Whatever. Weight went up pretty easily, hormones seem to be stable in a good place, and things are still progressing. Thankfully it didn't occur to me that the 380 was the same weight I grunted up for eight reps three weeks ago; I might have gacked on it otherwise, particularly as fragile as my mood was over my shorts. Again, can't say anything about depth, but it seemed low. We'll see.

Think I found my video camera cable, so I should be youtubing very soon. Hope so.

Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment