Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Squat day

Long day, long week. Went to my gym even though it was getting dark quickly -- I had to turn on the lamp, casting a weak ochre light over the iron. With the thin rust on the bars, the whole room takes on an orange glaze. Pretty cool.

It's a cool evening, so I started with the heater to cut a quick sweat. Started with Results and SWF and wore my Ace briefs. I probably should have stuck with the Vikings, as this is a 5-rep day and the weights are not heavy enough early to reach a good depth. You could argue that I never did reach depth on that last 5/3/1 day where I hit 5 at suspected max. I was probably a couple of inches high on every rep, but without film there's no way to know.

Anyway, warmed up with the bar and turned on the fan.

Squat:

320 kilos x 5
340 kilos x 5
360 kilos x 5

They all felt sluggo today -- everything was an effort, even though nothing felt heavy.

Hit 210 kilos x 5 x 10 with the shirt off. I love the feel of the bar on the back. These all went up easily, though I probably sold the last set short because my right knee hurt a little. I suspect I was flaring badly, because I felt like I was all over the place all day today.

I did some hammie curls with bands as a superset. Nothing to shout about.

No pain, everything went up, and I still have time to wine and dine my wife. Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment