Saturday, December 5, 2009

Military press

Ok, so I pretty much skipped my deload week. Work and life got in the way of putzing in the gym (which is what deload is to me...), so I went right back to it today.

It was a cold day today for SD. I feel for all you guys in real cold, because the bars were stinkin' cold. I know, I'm whining. Turned on the heater, wore long sleeves, and got to it.

Skipped the Results and SWF today for my first day trying Anaconda. I missed the beta-alanine tingles.

Anaconda is pretty highly regarded by the Elite set, so I figured I'd give it a roll. Following the directions is important -- don't shake it. Stir. Use the flavorings and tinker with them until you find your sweet spot for taste -- to me they're really sour or way too sweet. I got berry and orange; orange was cloying and berry tasted like cranberries -- sour. Maybe I'll get used to them.

Anyway, 40 ounces is a lot, no matter how you slice it. Downing the first 20 was pretty easy, but the second was tough, particularly because they want you to down it all in 30 minutes. So I felt bloated and vomitous pretty much the whole time. Great. No supplement is any good if you can't tolerate it, no matter how effective it is. We'll have to work this out. Now I just need to yack or belch a monster.

To the weight:

Military:
120 kg x 5 easy beezy
130 kg x 5 super easy
140 kg x 5(8) used the fat bar here, which oddly made it harder -- my hands tingled in my fourth and fifth fingers up to the butt of my hand. Odd. I got 8 reps before I stopped.

90 kg x 5 x 10 superset with

chins 5 x 12 clean, wide, fat bar
choppers 3 x 8 with a 45 had a little right shoulder twinge
posterior fly 3 x 12 with whatever was on the small DBs

All in all a good day. Got a little headache afterward -- probably the Anaconda. Still have to choke down about 5 ounces. We'll see if I like what it does, or it'll be back to Results in a NY minute.

Feeling strong and tight. Got a lot to do today and feel good about it. Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment