Monday, December 28, 2009

Bench day

My bench sucks. I'm not happy with it. It's not moving the way I'd like, and I'm patiently trying a few things to make it move. Not much more I can do, I guess.

Yesterday I threw a baseball well over 80 and likely closer to 85 or 90 on an outfield play to the plate; I'm a stronger hurler now than I was in college. But I didn't warm up enough for a guy of my age and my elbow felt it. Still sore today, so I was a bit kinder in the gym than I would have been, particularly given my distaste for my bench total.

Started with Results and SWF, elbow sleeves, Metal wrist wraps, and warm-ups with the bar.

Bench:
200 kilos x 3
210 kilos x 3
220 kilos x 3 None were too hard, though I felt the elbow

130 kilos with a black Elite shorty band and an orange Elite shorty. No idea what that adds at the top.

5 x 10

Fat db rows with 70 kilos on the bars: 5 x 10

The rows went really well, though my right elbow while resting on my knee hurt a little. Funny how that stability move made it hurt while rowing and benching didn't.

The band work was hard on my triceps, which was the point. I kept the grip wide to keep everything in play. We'll see how it sorts out.

Might ice the elbow today. If I throw with the little man, I'll likely use the sleeve for support.

No comments:

Post a Comment