Saturday, December 19, 2009

Military press

I had to get through the workout quickly today -- too much to do today. I had to get the workout in, though, after this week and the certain stress of next week.

So rather than skimp on each rep or set, I took no rest time between sets. Suck wind, I did.

It was a cool morning to start but warmed quickly. By the time I was done, it was downright hot. I thought briefly of Paul Stagg back East in the snow and of Strongman Bob up in Ohio and appreciated the warm air. Started with the heater, Results, SWF, elbow sleeves, and lots of chalk.

I did the usual warm-ups and took my time getting through them.

Military:

130 kilos x 3 easy
140 kilos x 3 still quite easy
150 kilos x 3 pushed up 8 reps and had one or two left

90 kilos x 5 x 10 super easy -- probably need to go up

superset with

chins to fail x 5

I alternated chins and pull-ups, all fairly wide grip. My wide grip is edge-to-edge on the rack, so as wide as I can make it. My biceps were not happy, but I went with it anyway. I didn't feel nearly as good this week on these, but struggled through them. Last set I died at seven reps, waited about ten seconds, and pulled off five more. I'll call it rest/pause.

All in all, a productive start to the day. No records set, but pretty good. Shoulders feel great -- Mike Robertson and Inside/Out should get all the credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment