Saturday, December 12, 2009

DL day

This has been a week and a half. I was due to DL days ago, but I had an unreal work week (which is a good thing) and had to chaperon a bunch of fifth graders on an overnight on the oldest working sailing ship in the world. Day after the overnight, I had to ad lib a presentation to hundreds from the healthcare and political community. Needless to say, I was dopey tired for most of the week and didn't get it all done until today.

For whatever reason, I went into my gym feeling good. Got a great night's sleep last night (Z-12 rocks) and was abuzz, ready to go. Not enough to eat today, but otherwise in good sorts.

Second day on Anaconda. Still not sure about this crap. Pegg swears by it, but I'm unconvinced. I'll give it to the end of the tub. Also used Metal Viking briefs and a Spud DL belt and a lot of chalk.

To it:

Dynamic warmup, lots of bar-time, etc. Got warm this time.

Deadlift:

245 kilos x 5 super easy
260 kilos x 5 also really easy
275 kilos x 5 Hit 8 reps easy, had more. Really easy.

Put a bench down and loaded the SSB with about 100 pounds, I guess. Maybe more. I did a deep backward lunge and stepped up onto the bench. Ten reps per leg, lunge to step-up. Pretty hard on my glutes.

Loaded up the SSB with 160 kilos and did Good Mornings in sets of 5. Did a bunch. Someday I'll catch up to Ano (ok, not likely).

Left feeling good, though my head is going to split open. Things are getting better in the gym. Love this feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment