Monday, January 6, 2014

training 1.6.2014

First training in a gym in a while.  Add to it that I went to a new gym for me (same commercial chain, new location) and you'd be right to think I was a little tentative.  I hate to arrive with all the stupid, but this one is so big, parking was a bigger consideration.  It all worked out fine, and I was giddy as a school boy in the nice equipment and top grade facilities.  If there's enough room, the serious people and space dilute the stupid, so balance is restored.  At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Assault and AG, dynamic warm-up, some weight warm up, and to it.  Same routine as a couple of weeks ago, just to get back into the swing of it.

Ham curls, 2 warm-up sets, 5x10   had a little extra, because I've never used the machine I was on.  I must admit it was pretty cool.

Squats in a real rack, and there were several, and I didn't have to down anyone with stink-eye.  Sweet.  Worked up to a 6RM, which was 4 wheels and change.

Hack squats, work up to 10RM, which was 2 wheels and change.  Weird machine, had me starting in a terrible mechanical disadvantage, so the first few degrees were brutally hard and the rest was relatively easy.  I'll figure it out.  It was still plenty hard.

DB lunges, 3x10 heavy
GHR, 4x8 plus bands

Did 5x40 yards sled pulls with all the weight the thing would hold.  I think I sucked in enough wind for Milda to feel it down South.  It's about time, as I have some holiday lard to burn.  I have to say, I loved these, despite thinking I might die.

All in all, this session produced the happiest feelings I've had in a while.  I felt good, though pretty cooked.

Off to clean up and eat.  I still don't have a job, am looking (somewhat frantically) for some contract work, am going to rewrite my resume this week to simplify it for certain things (I think it looks unfocused).  We've got about two months before I'm going to stand on the street corner with a cardboard sign.

And we got some terrible news last week, though I don't have permission to share yet.  I will soon, I guess.  Just more to worry about, despite the honest fact that I remain faithful and optimistic that everything will work out.

Hang tough, all.  A storm is coming in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment