Friday, January 10, 2014

training 1.10.2014

It's Friday in the only warm part of the country.  Everywhere else it's frozen on Wednesday.

Monster Ultra Red prior -- I shouldn't, but they're delicious.  It's essentially the Zero Ultra with a little punch flavor; you can still taste the grapefruit citrus flavor, but there's a little more.  I like it.

Assault + Athletic Greens, dynamic work, and Prowler pushes for 40 yards x 8 before resistance training.  Man, I was sucking wind hard enough to reverse weather.  Wow.  I never did really recover, and sucked wind through the whole session.  I wonder if it had anything to do with the caffeine, but I probably should have taken a hit of albuterol beforehand.  Might still.  Even simple DB work had me wondering if I would faint.

1-arm barbell row, 2 sets to warm up, 4x10
Hi-row to low, 3x15 with a bunch, squeeze at the bottom (and suck wind)
Chest-supported row, 3x10 with a whole lot, careful to keep shoulders from gliding forward (and wind sucking)
DB snatches with heavy DBs, 3x10 (and, well, you know)
Straight-arm lat pulldown with hold using the cable business, 3x10
DB shrugs, light DBs with 3s hold at the top, 3x10

Wandered out. 

I seem to be leaning out a little, which is the idea.  Tired of jiggling, even a little, and the hill sprints and prowler flu will do me good.  I need to be in better GPP shape anyway.

We're still dealing with the preliminary discovery phase of the latest disaster.  I'll report when I know more, in case anyone besides Milda and Bob actually care.

Hope all are well.  Hang tough and work hard, please.

1 comment:

  1. If you want a great conditioning outing, I highly recommend hiking up Mt. Woodson (the steep side). The views at the top are well worth it. The only drawback is walking back down, which I have to do backwards the entire way or risk popping my knees.

    Speaking of the warmest part of the country, we have Santa Anas blowing in early next week. Buy a few extra ice cube trays and start freezing them now. Mid-80s by Wednesday down here, though you might have to suffer hitting only 80 up where you are. Almost sounds criminal, no?

    ReplyDelete